Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what sort of milage everyone gets to a full tank of fuel! mines a d16y7 with a few basic engine mods, i dont really drive it hard rarely sees over 5grand, think these have a 40 litre tank and i get roughly 230miles to a full tank of fuel,
secondly i was told if i replaced my long ram air filter back to the standard one the mpg will about double, i no this will make a slight dirrerance but double?????

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
i went on track and it idled for 40 mins between sessions. got 12mpg. 101 miles on tank.

got 40mpg. was driving into birmingham and back. was 380miles for the tank.

got 200 miles on half a tank last night. might have been 41 for the whole tank, but had to queue for 20 mins on the way to work. i'm still driving it gently though, will see what i get once i've brimmed it again.

b16. piperX panel filter (cleanable, so cheaper). iridium plugs. supermarket fuel.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I bought my VTI-s It was getting about 30 miles to a tenner lol that was slow driving, swapped the plugs other day and thats increased alot now as the old plugs were buggered. Got around 50-60 miles to a tenner but it will be more im sure of it :(

Still need to get the brakes unbinded now as the rear off side was just smouldering when i pulled up before

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
zeppelin101 said:
My 1.3 can do anything from 10 to 42mpg. Yes I have got 10mpg out of it, it really wasn't hard either.
Stuck in traffic revving it? I don't think its even possible to do that even if you relined every gear, unless its over fueling by a long long way.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Carbs are unreliable when you're high in the revs regarding fuelling at the best of times, let alone one as poor as the Keihin on the D13...

However the standard exhaust was partially at fault as since I've replaced it with a custom cat-back I've not gone lower than 22ish or so

·
Registered
23 Posts
well i normally get around 200-220 for a full tank but my lowest is prob 150ish maybe less when i first bought it and wanted to drive it everywhere lol

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
civicrichie said:
Just wondering what sort of milage everyone gets to a full tank of fuel! mines a d16y7 with a few basic engine mods, i dont really drive it hard rarely sees over 5grand, think these have a 40 litre tank and i get roughly 230miles to a full tank of fuel,
secondly i was told if i replaced my long ram air filter back to the standard one the mpg will about double, i no this will make a slight dirrerance but double?????
When my D16y7 was standard I got 320 to the tank and that was thrashing it, now its boosted does 200 - 220.... I think your car needs a tune or something :confused:

·
Registered
249 Posts
From J25 M5 to Redruth Cornwall I got over 45mpg in my '97 1.4 :) Just cruising 70-80mph.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts