Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Young Yanks in there fast cars :eek:

[youtube:1nsjy91a]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThPCiCm36X4[/youtube:1nsjy91a]

Admin Edit: Changed to embedded YouTube video ;)

·
Registered
780 Posts
haha that shows yanks as they are!! i can't see how he managed to loose a shitty mr2 at such a slow speed!! idiot!!

mind you i thought german cars were meant to be solid, not as much as the mr2 appears to be lol

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
mr2 is older than the dub , cars are designed to crumple these days , they say its better to write the car off rather than the people inside , hence the have built in crumple zones and bend really easy ,but they keep the safety cell intacked , the crumple zone absorbes the shock from the crash instead of the people inside.

·
Registered
780 Posts
paul20v said:
mr2 is older than the dub , cars are designed to crumple these days , they say its better to write the car off rather than the people inside , hence the have built in crumple zones and bend really easy ,but they keep the safety cell intacked , the crumple zone absorbes the shock from the crash instead of the people inside.
yeah i know, lol.

i was just noting the fact that ppl say german cars are built tanks etc etc lol

·
Registered
370 Posts
nickyboy said:
Phew! At first I thought he hit the Teg
yeh haha jetta who cares. would've like to see his face in all its agony. obv just froze when back end went, but tbh mr2s are known for their kickback when they regrip after fishtailing.

gutted.

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
i think hondas are very reliable as all jap stuff is ( crikey i own a jap bike ) but (in saying this i am ready for the flack )
they will never beat a german car for build quality , for instance interior plastics, body work as in quality of steel and rust prevension there just better screwed together when did you last see an imaculate 1988 honda with its original paint and no welding , this is not a rare accurance for a german car more so anything in the v.a.g. group which is were my heart lies , my m reg audi and my m reg vw are immaculate , and i am speaking from a personal opinion and a proffesional opinion as i have seen a lot of cars coming and going in the last 20 years , i also have been an mot tester for 8 years and that opens your eyes to cars i can tell you ,
there are good and bad in all makes at the end of the day its personal preference :) :)

·
Registered
370 Posts
i guess the jetta was left with the handbrake off???!!! it flew forward alot !!

i get you paul only cars out there worth buying, except the odd classic, are jap or german cars. i myself prefer jap style which is usually a little more functional than german but does me fine. we all our allowed our opinions !!

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
Jugga said:
i guess the jetta was left with the handbrake off???!!! it flew forward alot !!

i get you paul only cars out there worth buying, except the odd classic, are jap or german cars. i myself prefer jap style which is usually a little more functional than german but does me fine. we all our allowed our opinions !!
fair answer just what i was saying :) what do you mean by functional thou i am confused.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts