Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy ppl, im wanting to drop my car down a bit to give it a better look!

at first i was wanting to get coilovers as had intentions of an engine swap but now it doesnt seem likely with this project!

its a 1.4 ej9, so apart from the odd rake around round abouts etc its not really gonna be seeing any extreme driving around

tracks etc!!

any of you still strongely recommend getting coilovers or is it just worth me just dropping it down on lowering springs

and saving my money for other things!!

also what height would you recommend to drop it to, want to drop it down to a nice cool level but where i live is completely

covered in speed humps these days

any help appreciated ;) ;)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hi there, It all depends on your budget, I have thought of this too for my EJ9 as I have also started to get into trackdays but the cheapest way to improving the handling is improving your driving technique :) and you can save that money for better car later on.
If your going to lower it with springs and shocks then I would say try 35mm no more then 40mm as I heard from some people who have done it say that it starts to scrape quite a bit. When lowering its best to set it to the way you drive not how others drive.

Hope this helps
/Andy

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
i've got FK highsports on my EJ9. Cost me about £500 but it handles like a dream.
Not so solid that its a rough ride but is actually quite comfy and still holds the road extremly well

1 - 3 of 3 Posts