Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am wanting to go turbo on my civic 92 vti and have found this it at what looks like a reasonable price, i know id have to upgrade ecu too but would i have to upgraded anything else or is all i need in this kit? any one had one or know if there good kits? heres the link
http://www.xs-power.co.uk/index.php?mai ... cts_id=227" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cheers

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Don't bother, they are rubbish. If you are going to do it do it properly.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what is a good make too look at then and can i just put turbo kit on a vti? without having to upgrade too much? cheers.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
I used a basic kit on my car, manifolds and turbos are crap, I rebuilt my one before putting it on, go for a cast iron manifold, the charge piping, dump valves, Wastegates and intercoolers are ok, as are bits and pieces you get with them I.E. silicone connectors and Stainless Steel clamps etc...

Mine was for a D series though, so I cannot comment on the cams, cam gears or pulleys, as I have not used them :)

And I bought mine from the states when rates were good ;)

·
Registered
180 Posts
mikey-vti said:
i am wanting to go turbo on my civic 92 vti and have found this it at what looks like a reasonable price, i know id have to upgrade ecu too but would i have to upgraded anything else or is all i need in this kit? any one had one or know if there good kits? heres the link
http://www.xs-power.co.uk/index.php?mai ... cts_id=227" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cheers
Bit old but still, I have used the xs power kit and for the money the intercool/dump/waste/downpipe(i still use this it's really well made)/turbo it's worth the money. I know there are alot of horror storys (many very old 5yr+ and i think people that haven't tryed it just read them) but mine held up a year no problems running 9psi . 240WHP daily drive

I did swap out for a garret later on but i still have the working xs power turbo and it has minimal shaft play for the abuse i gave it. still doesn't smoke either but you sould make sure your not over feeding them with oil or your WILL blow a seal.

If you need to go cheap buy this kit, get a chipped ecu and have it tuned (VERY IMPORTANT). stay at 3psi and you can keep it all stock (map ses/injectors ect a fuel reg would be nice tho to go a little higher, turbo setup for under £1000) in the future if funds are available buy a better mainfold and turbo.

The ramhorn manifold will not allow A/C without silm rad but you can keep P/S.

But of coarse if money not important the go for a better kit but the kits ive seen are mainly overkill for a stockblock and you need lower CR / good rods to take advantage of them. ie turbotechnics / greedy ect. i'm not saying there unuseable but there wasted cash running 3-9psi when you can throw in low CR with 15+PSI boost

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
^ sensible stuff, been running mine now for eighteen months @ 11 PSI only just put a chipped ECU in with base map and its been abused I can assure you all.... for over 20.000 miles now :D

I

1 - 7 of 7 Posts