Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1996 1.5 civic ls but my mate has a engine from a 1995 1.6 esi going spare it has bottom end damage but the injectors are fine

would they fit and would i need to change anything else like the ecu or ... ?

what would happen if i did put them in ? ( more power or whatever )

bare in mind that i have a d15z6 sohc vtec and that other engine is a d16z6 sohc vtec but the vtec on the 1.6 is much stronger could i replicate that with my 1.5 ?
----------------------
vtec not vetec thanks

·
Registered
780 Posts
yeah they fit, but all you really do is use a bit more fuel, they don't really help unles you remap with them as the ecu still puts the same amount of fuel in

·
Registered
340 Posts
they will fit, but as said above im not sure if you gain anything apart from a larger fuel bill.

for the record, its VTEC. not any other form of spelling it :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
crxhugh said:
yeah they fit, but all you really do is use a bit more fuel, they don't really help unles you remap with them as the ecu still puts the same amount of fuel in

the ecu wont pump the same amount of fuel through as the lambda will see it's running rich and lean it out until the afr is correct, so essentially you may see a little more torque at the bottom end but as the ecu won't be set correctly for the injectors you'll find yourself loosing top end power and the ecu probably backing off the fuel pressure.

most ecus are quite apative but you will need a custom eeprom fitted to your ecu or a piggyback device to get the injectors working to their full potential!

hope this helps!

·
Registered
50 Posts
if you are going to the injectors you might as well to few other tuning to the engine like a manifold exhaust intake then remap the ecu, for sure you will notice the extra torque and power. but just upgrading the injecters then remaping wouldn't be worth it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
yes it would. the intake and the exhaust on a 1.5 isn't that restrictive(it can phisically be that restrictive as it would cost more to produce such a small item to make it restrictive!), it's not a turbo car hence backpressures are essential. you wouldn't need the map done for an intake or exhaust either, that's just for breathing fuel management on the other hand is ESSENTIAL

·
Registered
770 Posts
the most restrictive part of the D is the intake and intake manifold, and you only need back pressure on carb engines.

i think the d15 injetors are 190cc and the d16 are 240cc, but whats the point of replacing injectors for larger ones if your engine isnt going to need more fuel?

and IMO i woudn't map my car till i had enough mods to justify it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts