Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Re: squeeks when steering

where is the squeaking coming from?

are you skidding the tires??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,629 Posts

i thinks he means there scrubbing on the floor when twisting making a squeak ,
"have you ran a over a mouse " lol
great help :D
sounds like you have a dry component ball joint ,track rod ends , top mounts , it will always be a little time to find but you need to get someone you can trust to turn the steering while you listen,
also jack the car up and turn the steering see if this alters or gets rid of the noise as when jacked up you will change all the positions of the joints.

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

yeah i know mate lol lol lol

Edit:

i have just noticed tonight its not so much the steering now its sounds like suspension as its doing it if the car is moving up and down ie. speedbumps potholes getting in and out of the car and other kinds of activities not to be mentioned ;-) lol

·
Registered
20 Posts

hey mate what squeek is it ??? do you notice this when you go over a speed hump??? t could be your rear engine mounting thats stuffed it often give abit of a somewhat suspension squeek dont know why but it could also be your control arms, if it was the balls joints your car would be sounding like its breaking upfront :geek:

Edit:

hey mate what squeek is it ??? do you notice this when you go over a speed hump??? t could be your rear engine mounting thats stuffed it often give abit of a somewhat suspension squeek dont know why but it could also be your control arms, if it was the balls joints your car would be sounding like its breaking upfront :geek:

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

found out what it was the hard way , i was driving along and the car pulled to one side badly so i imeddiantly pulled into a wee car park thinking it was a blow-out so after checking all the tyres noticing nothing out of the ordinary i got back in the car drove 2 metres and the wheel collapsed the ball joint and steering rack had popped out caused by a dry pivet point , going to need a new wishbone how much are these ???

Edit:

bump - i need to know how much a wish bone is today guys

1 - 13 of 13 Posts