Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iv got a d16z6 in my coupe but the piston rings have gone so im going to put my d16a9 in it but can i use the wiring loom off it? if so what do i do with the vtec wire?

·
Registered
381 Posts
the d16a9 doesnt go straight in mate, i was going to put my crx engine into that car but couldnt as the mounts are different

as for the loom it wont fit either as the loom in that car is obd2 converted to obd1 with a obd2-obd1 jumper harness and vtec wired into it, the a9 runs obdo so you would need to get hold of a loom from a crx or civic 1.6i 16v and not a vt/sir unless you wanted to convert the engine to obd1 but that is alot of work and to be honest not worth it, i might have a spare crx loom lying around but will need to have a look

shafts will be a bitch to sort out for it too as the a9 is a wider engine

wasnt aware the rings were gone on that engine, was bought from a very good source with a good reputation :confused:

im curious why you would want to go from a 130bhp VTEC engine to a 130bhp older non vtec engine?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
You could just replace the rings rather than buying a whole new engine and swapping?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my mates a mechanic and said its not worth doing and is alot of work and it would be easier replacing the engine. see if you have a loom mate?

·
Registered
381 Posts
replacing the rings on the z6 will be alot easier than trying to get a 19 in there, its alot of work for nothing extra in my opinion, i will have a look for a loom tomorow

1 - 6 of 6 Posts