Step 2: Push remote lock button
Step 3: Turn ignition switch off

Step 4: Turn ignition switch to ON (II)
Step 5: Push remote lock button
Step 6: Turn ignition switch off

Step 7: Turn ignition switch to ON (II)
Step 8: Push remote lock button
Step 9: Turn ignition switch off

Step 10: Turn ignition switch to ON (II)
Step 11: Push remote lock button
Step 12: Confirm that you hear the door locks move

Step 13: Within 8 seconds, press the 1st remote lock button
Step 14: Confirm that you hear the door locks move

Step 15: Repeat steps 13-14 for each additional remote.

Step 16: Turn ignition OFF and remove key.
Step 17: Confirm all remotes work.

1. Open the driver's door.
2. Push the driver's power door lock switch to the unlock position and hold it. (Continue to hold the switch during this procedure.)
3. Insert the key into the ignition switch, then remove it. Repeat this four more times (five times total) within 10 seconds. (You must complete steps 3 and 4 within 10 seconds or the system will exit the programming mode.)
4. Insert the key into the ignition switch. After you insert the key, make sure the power door locks cycle to confirm that the system is in the programming mode.
5. Press the "LOCK" or "UNLOCK" button on the transmitter. All the power door locks (except the driver's door) should cycle to confirm that the system accepted the transmitter's code.
6. To program a second transmitter, press its "LOCK" or "UNLOCK" button within 10 seconds of programming the first transmitter.
7. Release the master power door lock switch to exit the programming mode.

The following are instructions on how to program your remote transmitters for keyless entry. This document provides details for programming a 2000 Honda Civic remote. The same procedure should work for all of the following:

1998 - 2002 Honda Accord
1999 - 2004 Honda Civic
1997 - 2004 Honda CRV
2003 - 2004 Honda Element
1999 - 2004 Honda Odyssey

These instructions may also be valid for other years and models.

This procedure clears the transmitter codes and creates new ones, so you must program all remotes at the same time, even if one or more is already working.

Enter the car, and close all doors.

Each of the following steps must be completed within five seconds of completing the previous step. If you take longer or make a mistake, start the entire procedure over again.

Insert the key into the ignition, and hold one remote in your left hand. Whenever the instructions say to press the LOCK button, you should press the lock button on the remote for about a second and then release it.

Perform each of the following three steps in order, then repeat all three steps two more times, for a total of three times each:

1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position, marked II.
2. Press the LOCK button.
3. Turn the ignition switch to the Off position, marked I.

Do this three times!

Next, turn the ignition switch to the ON position (II) for a fourth time.

Press the LOCK button again. The door locks should now make a cycling sound, indicating that the system has entered Programming Mode.

Press the LOCK button one more time to program this remote. If you have other remotes to program, press the LOCK button on each one in turn. The door locks should make the cycling sound after you press LOCK on each remote. You may program up to three remotes, and they must all be programmed within ten seconds of each other.

Turn the ignition off and remove the key. The remotes are now programmed and may be tested.

If you've got a trunk/hatch release, hold the button for this function for a few seconds.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
can any1 help me i have a 97 model civic 3 door i want 2 get it working but aint listed up there u cant do it 2 mine is dare any way i can get it done ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got an 02 3 door civic which I bought damaged, the doors will lock with the key and lock from inside with the door switch but won't lock with the remote I've tried doing as the instructions to reset the remote and it makes all the noises, but when I try the remote after resetting nothing happens. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put a new battery in, but still no joy. I'll have to take it to the main dealer to see if they've got any suggestions. Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I have a Honda Civic EP4 (2003) 3d, diesel, and I think I have the same problem as you. I have tried many, many times the procedure above, I hear the cycling sound at the fourth time and continue forward to finish the programming, but finally nothing happens. The remote gadget doesn't work!
Does any one have any idea about what may happens?
Thanks and regards.

Manu

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
I'm going to pick up my new key fob tomorrow, which I paid £126 for the fob and them to program it, £35 of it was for them to program it, if this is all they're doing I've got a good mind to tell them to fuck off and I'll do it myself!

£35 to press some buttons and turn an ignition key? Easy money!

·
Registered
11 Posts
hi i was wondering if anyone had any idea why my keyfob aint getting past the part where it sounds as if the locks are lockign and unlocking and then once i take the key out of the ignition to see if it has worked nothing happens,
am i doing anything wrong in the process i am turning the ignition onto ii mark then pressing the lock button on my keyfob around 4 times i am doing this before i hear the clicking sound then i press it again for a second or so then i take the key out of the ignition and try the lock and unlock button but nothing happens.
i am hoping someone can help me out thanks from steve.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I used the above programming instructions and it worked on a spare fob I bought from ebay, 2 button remote for a 2005 Civic Sport. Cheers DaveBHX

·
Registered
9 Posts
I did this to the letter for my EP2, and not only did it not work, but now the alarm has started going off everytime I open it, and I don't have a fob to turn it off!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just tried this with a new fob I got from eBay (on which the lights work, so assume it does) but I couldn't get the car to enter the 'programming mode'.
I tried with the doors locked, unlocked, pressing the lock button and the unlock button and nothing.
Although, I don't understand why you need to press the lock button on your new remote during the on/off stage. It's not like the car would recognise it??
Also, I've read elsewhere that another way to programme it is to use a button on the original radio. Is this true??

1 - 20 of 28 Posts