Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yeah I fitted my new headlights yesterday, but I didn't actually wire the "Halo" part of them.

Well it took a while, but they're all done now. Should have taken them when it was darker but meh.

And in case you're wondering, all those marks on the bumper and head lights are squished bugs. Every single mark is a squished bug...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol didn't notice that! Just average size, it looks small in that photo though. You like my surgeons gloves too ;)

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it's now dark so I took one at each stage. I also noticed that the right hand light seems to be pointing slightly higher up. I can adjust them, but is this correct?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
Alec said:
Well it's now dark so I took one at each stage. I also noticed that the right hand light seems to be pointing slightly higher up. I can adjust them, but is this correct?
they operate like that because your car was originaly a h4 system and h4 bulbs only ever light one element or the other,
so when you fit your twin light system you only get dip and main seperate as you do , with some fancy relay work you can keep dip on while main is switched in and out much better lights for you allround then.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
by fancy relay work, what paul means is..

If you give your car to him.. he will crawl around your engine by like some kind of squirrel and before you have the foggiest idea whats goin on.. both lights work together.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
But, they do work together... How do you mean?

Can you explain that a bit better? Surely I can just adjust the height of the beam with the adjustment screw...

:|]

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
By "twin light" paul means a separate light for dip, to mean beam.

basically what paul means is, when your driving along on dipped beam, your headlights are off. When you switch to main beam your dip lights go off.
if you do some of pauls "fancy relay work" then when you switch to main beam you dip beams will stay on with your main beam, and when you switch to dip beam again, the main beam simply goes out.. therefore having the dip beam on at all times.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh OK that sounds good, so more light. Is that legal? Why isn't it standard? And what does that have to do with the height difference of my dipped beams?

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
Alec said:
Oh OK that sounds good, so more light. Is that legal? Why isn't it standard? And what does that have to do with the height difference of my dipped beams?
its legal as cars with twin headlights do it standard its just because you have gone from a h4 system , its got nothing to do with your headlight alignment you should get that set at an mot station you know its right then and you wont go round dazzling people.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OK, excellent I'll look into that re-wiring, thanks.

Yeah I think I probably should go and get them set up properly.

Thanks for all your help.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts