Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello...
i am kind of new to the forum... i am planning on putting a complete type r kit on my civic... i have a 1.4i vision 2002.
in order to do this i have to change the complete front bumper for the grille... so i thought since am buying a new bumper... does anyone know an can confirm that a facelift type r bumper will fit on the pre-facelift model. i have seen a few 02 03 plate civics, but i would like to know if any modifications need to be done to the bumper.
any help will be much apreciated. thank you

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
some one said to me i may need to change my head lights... is this necessary?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hello agen
is there a 'how to' on fitting type r side skirts to a civic ep? because when he took the skirts off the type r breaker i saw a loadsa white clips... and i didnt get nutthing with the skirts or the front or rear bumpers and lips??? any idea if any special screws r required or glue or anythin?

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi what about headlights what i have to do to put facelifted on pre-facelifted car?
and where i can find facelifted front bumper? apart of ebay

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
u want to try getting round to local honda breakers... they mite sell u a facelifted front bumper for cheap? thats were i got mine from. i just payed 80 for a type r front grill badgesless then bout 30 for the big red H that gos at the front from honda. facelift headlights will fit in a preface lift... however you will need to mess about with the wires... because prefacelift, uses the same bulb for main an dipped beam whereas facelift has seperate bulbs... again best place to get the connectors will be a breaker/scrap yard.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi mate,
I've just done the same to my Civic and completed the transformation, so ask me any questions if you like.
The type r side skirts have 3 extra clips that are higher up the body at the rear. You will need to purchase these from honda and drill them in. I put all the clips on teh skirts and offered them up, then marked where they touched teh body, then drilled away (praying). Then i you put all the clips on the rest of the side skirt and push them in one by one. It took bloody ages to work out the first side then rapid on the other!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts