Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help like people, basically im planning on buying a civic sometime in the very near future but don't know which to get out of these two here.....

i've attatched the two images#

also will they be VTEC engines with them being the 1.4 or am i just being clueless ? haha

cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Both seem very reasonable prices, are they similar spec or does the top one have alloys or extras?

Service history? As they are both similar mileage it's just personal opinion / budget as to which to go for really.

No vtec on a 1.4 unfortunately mate but still a decent engine :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
both have a lack of alloys and both have fsh, the 96 model has f honda sh which i supose is a slight advantage...see i didn't know that the 1.4 engines have a lack of VTEC on the go but then again a 1.5VTEC is gonna be an insurance rape for me :/

hmmm not sure what to do now haha

cheers for the advice though mate you've cleared abit up

and budget i have 1500 quid myself plus parents said theyd give me like 400 to help abit so i could try n get a turbo fitted on the older model haha x

·
Registered
72 Posts
also, if your thinking about fitting a turbo, the initial price would be high as Jack said, but dont even start thinking about it if your worried about insurance rape!
maybe consider getting a good induction kit instead!

·
Registered
253 Posts
They both have the same engine in, I think the difference is the sport has a more sporty suspension. As for insurance, does it mean you are a young driver? :p I think the insruance group difference between the 1.4 and 1.5 is insurance group so its not that much of a difference. If your going to turbo it it will cost more then the 1.5 vtec for insruance. I would go for the 1.4 sport, but then again I am saying that cause I have one too :p

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
id go for the 1.5. you get more power and better economy with no increase in tax, and maybe a small increase in insurance but u will save that in the fuel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts