Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a new 4-2-1 manifold as ive got to return my comptech one, dont want to spend much more than £100 if possible?? anyone know anything i could get or do i need more money? for a 1.6 vti coupe

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
I think you need to up the budget a bit if you want a decent one. Im looking a t a proper Spoon sports 4-2-1 manifold and it's going to be close to a grand for two parts then i have to fit the bugger :S

I'd say about 250-350 will get you a half decent one, unless you want to chance the £99 manifolds from ebay, but ive heard horror storys about some of them.

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
£400 is a good price for a decent manifold. Anything above £400 and your probably looking at track spec manifolds.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Yeah that's not a bad price really.

I went for one of the eBay jobs back when I didn't have any money. The fitment wasn't perfect but it was fine and air tight, and at the end of the day it's just metal piping :)

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Aye but if anything were to go wrong, at least you can go back to the company that you bought it fae. A bit harder to do if its an ebay seller with no fixed address or no longer is on ebay.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
True, but the amount I saved was well worth that risk. Plus there aren't many things that can go wrong with an exhaust manifold. It either fits, or it doesn't!

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Welds could be sh*t n you could blow a hole open the weld, heard it happen before to someone that bought a manifold fae ebay

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i think im going to try and keep the comptech one, just got a new job so i will be able to afford it in a month will have to see if he will wait...

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
MMMMMm........ SPOOONNNNN

·
Registered
12 Posts
looking for a 4-2-1 manifold for my civic sport vtec 02 model but dont know where to find one been told to find a HKS one, cause there the best at a decent price dont know if thats true though

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
HKS are a bit over rated i think. How much money do you want to spend??

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Hmmm.......

Try these guys, there manifolds are really good. They use these manifolds on there rally cars!!

http://www.invoauto.co.uk/Products/Mani ... header.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

·
Registered
69 Posts
I bought a Greddy 4-2-1 stainless mani for £184 delivered + £40 VAT Brandnew and sealed from Ebay USA.

The cheaper you'll find will say "lightweight" in other words, THIN!Also the cheaper mani's will have as previously stated, poor welds and much more likely to crack.

A manifold will take ridiculous levels of heat, you dont want something too thin unless its titanium.

Check ebay USA possible DC sports for around £280 ish delivered abd VAT'TD!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts