Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I'm new to the site, but luckily not new to civics! Wish i'd found this earlier though - definitely would have made things easier in the past!

So...to my question: I am taking delivery later this week of my new toy, a '98 Civic 1.8VTI-s which is, as yet, unmodified. My last civic was a non-vtec 1.6iLS with some sensible cost-effective bolt on mods, including a K&N 57i cone-type induction kit & 4-2-1 manifold. The addition of these as well as a fuel pressure boost valve made the world of difference, especially with throttle response and (crucially!) induction noise. I am therefore keen to get an both an induction kit & manifold for the VTI-S, ideally before i insure it.

Looking on demon tweaks website and even ebay, i havent been able to find a kit for my car. I am also unsure of the possible gains to be had from the manifold, as the vti seems to already come with a 4-branch (vs the 3-1 on my old civic), and therefore the banks are already balanced. The legitamacy of this ebay manifold also seems questionable!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... =p3907.m29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So, basically, what i'm asking is: Do they make a decent induction kit for the 1.8VTI-S, and is it worth switching my standard manifold to a 'sports' one. If so, recommendations would be gratefully received!

Owen

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey,

I've just bought a 97 1.8 vti so would be very grateful for any induction kit recommendations/advise.

Cheers,

Toby

Edit:

FYI MB6 owners the AEM 22-404 Short Ram Intake fits OK.

Its supposed to fit the Integra GSR but you can fit it to the MB6.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I personally wouldnt bother with any induction kits off ebay and definatlely not the short ram kits as all they will do is suck hot air in.

Personally i will be modifiing the original air box, using a prelude intake pipe the standard air box with a K+N panel filter and then removing the resonators and running a Cold air feed from the bumper to the air box.

Might not get to much induction noise but it will help get coder air to the engine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The short RAM sits directly under the stock air feeds but an extra feed from the bumper would be good.

Defo your method would get the colder air but I'd prefer the induction howl.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I agree about the noise, i have fitted a k+n at the mintue but it was just to see what the noise was like lol. once i get a day off it will be getting changed.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i got my AEM short ram induction kit today for my 1.8 vti-s, going to fit it some time this week

1 - 9 of 9 Posts