Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone! i'm not yet a civic owner but i will be soon. i'm looking to buy a vti but i can't choose between a 1993 1.6 vti 3dr or a 1998 1.8 vti 5dr. which is best for handling,performance and reliability? also what to look out for when i go looking for 1. thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for you replies :p .i'm going to look at a 3dr this weekend. is there any common problems i should look for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
been to see a 3 and 5 dr. 3dr was a rot box . the 5 dr was nice apart from the o/s rear wheel was up in the arch(told it had been lowered all round),every panel needed painting (told it needed a wash),srs waning light was on(told it needed resetting cos steering wheel had been off),driver door lock had been attacked was screwdriver and the engine was hot when i got there.they wanted £1200 for so i offered £500 want was told to go home.hpi checked out clear!!! i don't mind doing a bit off work on a car as i know my way around 1 with a spanner and a mate's brother in law does body work but when it,s going to cost as much as the car it's self's a bit pointless. does anyone know where there are any good civic vti's for around £1100 or i'm i going to have to save a bit more?

·
Registered
84 Posts
5 door is like a rover if you ask me if you are getting a 1.6 and like the 93 then get the newest of to ensure less rust or get a cheapie and then overhaul it new panels weld up holes will probably be stronger when you have finished

1 - 11 of 11 Posts