Honda Civic Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am looking to buy a honda civic and im not sure what one to buy i like the older model civics from 1997 - 2000 but i am not sure which one to get i have been looking at the honda civic coupe LS 1997 and the honda civic coupe SR 1997 which is the faster car and which model do you recommend. if you dont recommend either of these models which model do you recommend it must be between 1997 - 2000 and has to be a coupe thanks !!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry i forgot to say has to be a 1.6 nothing higher or i cant afford it what is the fastest model with a 1.6 engine?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
i can say the vti is fast. imports cost more to insure, even if its like a honda logo import (less power than a knats testicle!)

·
Registered
370 Posts
the ek3 ls is 114bhp, is quite nippy and good economy because it has eco vtec 43mpg !!

not sure about the coupe sr, will be less eco though.

quickest 1.6 is teh ek9 type r but they are v expensive to buy. a vti is a good bet if you can afford insurance.

slightly unrelated isn't the ek import version of vti the vti r not the sir (which i no for sure you get in earlier shapes) or is that a different model?

·
Registered
139 Posts
SiR is the jap one..Jap VTi is a 1.5 Vtec with 130bhp

In a coupe from 1997 you should get the Vti dont think you can get an SiR in that. The Ls im sure is a 1.5 the SR is a 1.6 non vtec i think and the Si is the 1.6vtec

Obviously it all depends on yoru age and insurance and your budget to buy though...

·
Registered
340 Posts
SiR's are jap imports. The SiR2 is aswell. they'll be the best bet, unles you can afford to buy and run an ek9. if you can, i hate you lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i had a look at the vti's and i cant afford them the insurance is wayyy to much lol does anyone have any other civics they recommend that isnt as expensive to insure but still fairly fast?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts