Honda Civic Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm in the process of fixing up a 2002 civic vision 1.4. I'm on a very small budget. It's been sat since lockdown on a farm in north Wales. After cleaning it out, degreasing the engine, jet washing underneath/behind the wheels I took it for a pre MOT. Not much needed to pass - a bit of welding on the sills near the rear wheels, new wipers, tyres. The rest is a basic full service which I'm happy to do (I recently fixed up a CRV so I'm well versed aged Honda's). My question is does anyone know if 5.5xj14 ET 39 will make much of a difference in brake efficiency than 5.5xj14 ET 45. Got opportunity to buy some decent tyres on Corsa wheels. Everything else is the same size apart from the offset number. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello, I'm in the process of fixing up a 2002 civic vision 1.4. I'm on a very small budget. It's been sat since lockdown on a farm in north Wales. After cleaning it out, degreasing the engine, jet washing underneath/behind the wheels I took it for a pre MOT. Not much needed to pass - a bit of welding on the sills near the rear wheels, new wipers, tyres. The rest is a basic full service which I'm happy to do (I recently fixed up a CRV so I'm well versed aged Honda's). My question is does anyone know if 5.5xj14 ET 39 will make much of a difference in brake efficiency than 5.5xj14 ET 45. Got opportunity to buy some decent tyres on Corsa wheels. Everything else is the same size apart from the offset number. Thanks in advance!
And the centre bore is 56.6 compared to 56.1

1 - 3 of 3 Posts