Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I wanna remove the top strip of my front window because I find it childish.

What's the best way to remove the tint?

Loadsa help please, wanna get it done soon as.

Thanks ;)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Vinegar?

How comes?

Would Vinegar and using a razor blade leave any marks on the window?

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Vinegar erodes it and makes it easier to peel off. I would use a plastic card first and if it doesn't work use a razor, but I doubt it would scratch.

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
no mate i definately wouldnt have mentioned the razor if it would scratch the glass i have used it and i am really fussy , you are using the blade across the glass not digging the edges in ,
the only thing i would use vinegar on is my chips " mmmm chips " , try it thou i am always open to new methods , let us now or me how it works for you .

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
no the razor blade scraper is all i ever use and i have never scratched a window yet , i have used it on painted panels carefully to remove transfers without scratching the paint so glass is easy just keep the blade edge flat on the surface. [attachment=1:va2az599]41198.jpg[/attachment:va2az599][attachment=0:va2az599]31C9MPGV0NL__SL500_AA280_.jpg[/attachment:va2az599]

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ah thanks Paul, I'll let you's know how I got on...
Thanks.

·
Registered
289 Posts
i had a front sticker ontop of my windscreen and i peeled it off and it left alot of residue on the screen so i just kept going over it with a sponge and water and with abit of elbow grease it came of nice :D

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Dear god I have stumbled along another one of Nick and Stug's gay thread :'(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts