Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the 1.8 v-tec faster than the 1.6 v-tec? in sum cases there not, on diffrent makes, ford ect... and id love to no what you felow civic fans think is the best v-tec engine out there? vti, vti-s, the ltr. ect...? and diffrence if you no?

·
Registered
109 Posts
K20 is the most tuneable.

B's are good, B18s are excellent but limited potential with bolt-ons and an N/A tune.

If I had the cash, time and patience I'd almost certainly go for a K20 swap from a newer type-r. Well, what I'd ACTUALLY do, is use a K24 block with a K20 head and make a sweet N/A build off it. Probably the best power you'll make using a Honda engine without any forced induction shenanigans.

·
Registered
770 Posts
C32B
3.2 V6 DOHC
290bhp

one of the resons the K20 is such a good engine in that the bore is queal to stroke making it more stable at higher RPM.

·
Registered
770 Posts
i think a D15B is more of an achivement.

1500cc SOHC making 130bhp!!!!!

and davy the C32B is the gen II NSX engine, 3200cc V6 with a DOHC on each row of 3cyl screaming along at 8000rpm.

thats some nutty shit.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
B20s are pretty mean as well mind ;) That is of course once they have the b16 head bolted on!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I still stand by the K20 thing...

It's way more tuneable than any other Honda engines. It was restricted at the factory in order to pass emissions, I know a few people who work at Honda who were saying it could easily have made over 240hp stock if it weren't for emissions laws...

The older engines, and especially the S2000 engine don't like bolt ons. In fact the only way to get more out of an F20C is to use forced induction, which (call me a purist) ruins the point of that particular engine in the first place...

There is a Time Attack Jazz in Ireland running nearly 300hp from a K20 N/A, that's 150hp/litre from a 4-pot. I don't care how you look at it, that's INSANE.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
That is pretty good, but 150 bhp/tonne, surely the Jazz doens't weight 2 tonnes?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts