Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. i was recently given a sub in a box and i really want to put it in my car (1997 vti coupe), problem is i dont want to drill it to the floor in the boot like my friends have with theres..(dont ask why im fussy with things like that)...

so im wondering is there any way i can put it in my boot secure without drilling it anywere (soo it wont move side-to-side whilst driving so cables want fall out ect..)

Many thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
You could try wedging it in with something or tie it in with something I guess.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
How would that work Michael? never heard of securing your sub in your boot with an extendible steering wheel lock...

·
Premium Member
7,193 Posts
Haha, it was that bodged i wish i took a photo of it.

Basically i got 2 and wedged it to the back where the seats are, and then wedged another one at the side of it to keep it in the corner.

Us young lads dont need a boot, eh?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I Have used industrial velcro which worked/still works very well, before that i used a large, thick and heavy wood panel that fitted perfectly into the boot (raiseing the floor by about 2") with a hole for the sub to sit into. (i also made grooves in the wooden panel for the cables to run in neatly to prevent them getting squashed by other items in my boot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts