Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My civ started squeaking a couple of days ago, different noises for going forwards and backwards just so it's not simple lol. Backwards noise is the handbrake cable. Front noise was thought to be the pads so got some new ones from work and same life saver that sorted the radiator said he'd do it. Had the back wheels off...pads were fine?! Only thing he could see didn't account for the noise. Had the other caliper off yesterday and the seal is completely knackered. Went down to a mate's scrappy to see if we could find a temporary solution but both the civs down there were lsis (did look like I was onto a new bonnet but it's even more shanked than mine lol). Is it best to reseal the caliper or just buy a new one? Found some online but seem a bit too expensive til I can find a better job..

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
what civic do you have? ive got some spare rear calipers that i didnt know how to use when replacing the pads so thought they were gone so got new ones. then looked in the manual and u have to turn the piston to push it back in (as opposed to pushing like the fronts). if you want them you can just pay the postage (they are quite heavy) im sure they just need a wire brush going over them and they will look new. my car is an ek4 1.6 vti. 1999. same as 1996-2000 rear disc calipers. the car had done 47k when i took them off. hardly used as the car was used on motorways (stoke to scotland about 5 times a year)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would have said id give you some money for them but i've got a '94 1.6 esi so guessing they won't fit..!?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts