Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i have had me vti for bout 5months now and want to improve the performance on it with a budget of bout £1500 - £2000 but dont know where to start, it has masnifold, inducktion kit, full system, lowered and brakes so but i dont really know where to go from there. Any Ideas?? o_O

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
For that kind of money.. id do a full engine swap..

Whats it lowered on? if its only springs then get some coilovers. £289 for some awesome ones on ebay.

Get full set of braces.

Upgrade your brakes??

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Skinny said:
For that kind of money.. id do a full engine swap..

Whats it lowered on? if its only springs then get some coilovers. £289 for some awesome ones on eBay.

Get full set of braces.

Upgrade your brakes??
Yeah, its got mg zr brake on front and back with prelude pads, it also has coilovers altough im not really in the know how with suspension, dude told me it were fully adjustable though so???

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
fully adj is good.. no need to change them or the brakes then..

to be honest, for that money.. not a doubt in my mind.. id do a h22 or b18vti swap.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nickyboy said:
have you heard of Hondata? Get one of their mappable ECUs and get the car mapped by a professional. Well within your budget and will make a huge difference
No i havnt heard of them m8, tho i was thinking bout getting it remmaped, if i were to get a buddyclub cam bundle (£1400) then get it remmaped would it make that much of a difference or would it be better to just do an engine swap???

Oh n btw cheers for the advice all :)

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Skinny said:
fully adj is good.. no need to change them or the brakes then..

to be honest, for that money.. not a doubt in my mind.. id do a h22 or b18vti swap.
ahh right, what is a h22 m8???lol

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
nah dont bother selling up.. youve got it looking how you want it.. why sell it..

the h22 is the 2.2vtec prelude engine mate. :D

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
All good points nick, i just think that if hes spent the time and money to mod his car to his tastes.. why start again when theres no need too..

Plus not everyone likes the DC2 as much as some civics.. I know i prefer the look of the EJs

Also.. theres insurance to take into account

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh ok. So first, how much would the h22 cost to buy and get fitted?
and just a question nick what is a dc2 m8??lol not too sure what all these lil letter and number combos mean lol

1 - 20 of 54 Posts