Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered if anyone could help, I'm after a gen 7 civic, an early one probably up to 53 plate I guess will be all my budget can stretch to. It has to be a 3 door and a manual but other than that I'm unsure what I should go for. 1.4, 1.6?? I'm doing 90 miles a day commute, mostly motorway, so it needs to be a nice comfortable cruiser, but I never have any money so econmy is important. I have been told that the 1.6 is better economy wise than the 1.4 at motorway speeds, but I dont know whether to believe that or not. I have also been told that the 1.4's are too revvy, but I've only driven a 1.6 so cant comment. Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
nickyboy said:
I would go for the 1.6. I had one, and was noticeably nippier than the 1.4, but still very good on the gas. And the half leather seats were very comfy.
dito
a friend has the 1.6 and it is very nice with the half leather heated seats :p
due to it being a vtec too its obviously got the economical side of things but if your right foots ever feeling a little heavier than usual you still have the power in the higher revs like you want :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice! Certainly gives me lots more choice if the 1.6 is a viable option. What do people think realisticly you can expect to be getting mpg wise at motorway speeds/

·
Registered
13 Posts
Would just like to say that I have owned a 2002 1.6 VTec for about three weeks now. Best decision, carwise, I have ever made. Fantastic car.

OK I have only ever owned 5 cars in my lifetime but I am really enjoying the Civic.

·
Premium Member
7,193 Posts
Ive got one, i do 120 miles round on a monday, on less than half a tank, with a heavy foot, (sometimes cruising at ~~90). They are quality cars and quite pokey for a 1.6 sohc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts