Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Skinny has turned me onto the idea of a custom plate for my Civic.

Basically it's between R555 ALC or R70 ALC.

When giving your opinion take these points into consideration:

R555 ALC
- R555 could mean Rust which is my last name.
- ALC could mean Alec which is my first name.
- It's the full length of a normal plate, which I don't like.

R70 ALC
- R could stand from Rust which is my last name.
- 70 could stand for the motorway speed limit which I never stick to... or something?
- ALC could mean Alec which is my first name.
- It's shorter than the standard plate length, which I like.

So what do you think? They both cost the same amount, £250.

·
Registered
780 Posts
if its between those two itd have to be the 2nd one, are there no others wit more of your name on? or wit the alc bit first??

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the problem is the first letter of the plate must be between A to R since my current one starts with S.

Feel free to have a look around. I don't really want to spend over £250 though.

Does it have to be A-R or can it begin with S do you know Skinny?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I would still say go with R555 ALC and if you get it off demon plates, get a double gap between the 5's and the A

R555 ALC

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
i dont think double spaces are allowed, but i doubt you'd get called up on it.
yeh man aslong as its the current reg letter or earlier.

·
Registered
36 Posts
fancy plates or craigs plates are good but theres a seller on ebay who supplies any "show" plates far cheaper than anyone else. I got my "show" plates with different spacing but I stuck to the original dvla font and sizes. I,ve been pulled 3 times and just got told to change them. The first time I got a producer to get them changed and take it to an mot station to get the change verified. As long as you dont take the p*** and go with fancy lettering then you should get left alone. Unless your driving like an idiot. I had a police car behing me for 4 miles yesterday and he just left me well alone.
At the end of the day tho its breaking the law and you must be prepaired to accept whatevers dished out.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
jpgreenwood said:
fancy plates or craigs plates are good but theres a seller on ebay who supplies any "show" plates far cheaper than anyone else. I got my "show" plates with different spacing but I stuck to the original dvla font and sizes. I,ve been pulled 3 times and just got told to change them. The first time I got a producer to get them changed and take it to an mot station to get the change verified. As long as you dont take the p*** and go with fancy lettering then you should get left alone. Unless your driving like an idiot. I had a police car behing me for 4 miles yesterday and he just left me well alone.
At the end of the day tho its breaking the law and you must be prepaired to accept whatevers dished out.
What exaclty is the offical version of your number plate and how have you displayed it to make it illegal?

·
Registered
36 Posts
My plate legally is L5 SYG but its spaced and altered with a screw cap to read ISSY.G which is my 4 year old dauhters name and initial. It was only £250 FROM DVLA. I will try and put pics on when my car has been cleaned.
I always carry a legal set in the boot incase a stroppy plod stops me from driving any further. Its always good to be prepaired as its a good negotiating tool.
If you carry legal plates and OFFER to change them on the spot then it normally prevents things going any further.

·
Registered
780 Posts
yeah i was the same, never ran a plate on the front of my crx for 6months and never had a problem from anyone except the neighbours (there is a loophole in import laws that allows it)

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
import laws only specify size of plate and size of letters (which can be smaller). u are required to have one on the front.

Normal plates, as in plates made after sometime in 2001 need to have spacing and font to law

for the double space in the middle, yes thats fine because the minimum gap between groups is followed, as long as the edges arent below minimum.

the law for plates is here:

http://www.dvla.gov.uk/media/pdf/leaflets/v796.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

1 - 20 of 20 Posts