Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right i got a coupe dx i.5 lsi but im already getting bord !
i want to stay with honda so what next?
i like the civic aerodeck 1.8 and i need a bit more space anyway (2 step kids and 2 dogs) but if it comes to it i can run two cars
i like the 97-2000 shape hatch backs. i want as much standard power as possible. any views on jap imports?
got 2k max plus my car when its finished which i value it at 800 (to 1k on ebay) so a dealer wood say 400 max
in a couple of months im 25 and will have 5 years ncb so insurance wont be a problem for anything

any ideas for the next step?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Maybe a EK4 (VTi) 96-00 Hatchback? They have the B16 engines and are 160 bhp standard. They go pretty well!

How big are said step kids? Reckon you could get them in the back of a MK2 CRX :p?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4 and 2 years and about the same in height .well we all got in a polo once so anything is possible .
they fit in the coup alrite its just the boot space (i refused to get rid of my 12 inche twins)

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
found a few aerodecks on auto trader well withen my budget never relelised they weighed so much ...1710kg
are they easy to mod to around 200bhp?
http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/ww ... rch.action" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

its got a dent on the door but looks alrite better nick than wot i got

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the s&g motor company 1 £1800 near enough. silver r reg with the lip spoiler
the cheap green one at the top with 80 odd k on, it but its being tit (tow) bared. there only got for fcuking up tailgaters

if only seen one accord type R they do look good but i kept up with it up to a ton from a standing start (he might just be a sh!t driver) in my 1.5 lsi.
im not really bothered bout faster than that wot with it being a ban no questions. and i drive for a living going to do my hgv class1 soon
still going to look around for one its another for the shopping list

Do honda make rear wheel drive or four wheel dive cars ?
i no they make 4 wheel steer

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
s2000. but way out of your price range, and theres the NSX which u wont be able to afford
CRV is 4x4 but is a 4x4 and slow.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
for 2k the fastest car your going to get is an eg vti or a buggered up ek vti or half a broken ek9. i'd probably go with a nice eg.

for more space the aerodeck will suit you. find a nice one

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
going to wait and find a really clean one. its couple of weeks till the coup is ready for sale anyway

·
Registered
680 Posts
For your predicament, i;d say the aerodeck. i have the b18 hatch and its got plenty of space for my little one. Infact why dont y ou look at mb6's? The boot is huge, not quite the size of my old bora but big enough.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
whats a mb6? 1600cc?? can we keep it simple today please. so if you mean a 1.6 aerodeck . i dont want that its the same to tax as a 1.8 and not as quick . please correct me if im wrong there
thanks for the thoughts

·
Registered
680 Posts
You are indeed wrong. The mb6 is the 1.8 VTi hatch same engine as the aerodeck but slightly better looking. Its the car i own.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yer i know what u got now .proberly handle better than a aerodeck . but its not for me, my grans got one of that shape just a 1.4
with the aerodeck i can keep my subs and load everything up to the dog/kid gaurd

1 - 20 of 22 Posts