·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow civic owners
this is my first post so HELLO!!
I have recently bought a civic 1.5iLS and love it
I already have a CAT back exhaust system and am now looking at induction
I've also read else where that changing the airbox out in civics can reduce power because of the hot air in the engine bay
is this also true for kits such as a K&N typhoon kit?
Thanks for reading everyone!
Morgan

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
i would keep the standard airbox and put a higher flow panel filter. as long as theres a cold air feed going to the box (which honda will already have put in, but so it doesnt suck water) you will get the gains. but there isnt much to gain from a 1.5

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i kinda guessed that the power i get from my D15z6 would ever be amazingly high but insurance kinda made it hard to get a b series, tho i kinda am lookin into getting a b series.
never mind, power i got at the moment is good enough for me (For the moment :p)
Cheers Guys

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
i never mod my engines, just do the right servicing and stuff so they work as well as they can, filtered air going in, fresh oil etc. all makes them more efficient! i keep my panel filter clean, over regular servicing, all worth doing to keep longevity and performance of the engine. much more worth the effort and money. i was told my car felt more powerful than a friends, he had a full system, 4-1, different intake manifold. doesnt really seem worth it really. better to save the money so you can afford a better car.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Stug if you come down I might have to unleash Hughs Jordie and we can get them side by side and see if there is any difference :) His has a full spoon n1 exhaust and an AEM v2 CAI so would be interesting to see if there is any difference between the 2 cars

·
Registered
370 Posts
for cheap and easy induction just get a better(aftermarket) panel filter, k&n e.g. i have the same model so i know there are 2 cool air feeds standard. if you want more you can remove your airbox and theres plenty of room (for cold air too) for a cone filter. the best filters are ITG and you can either buy or knockup a tube to feed that to your throttle body.

personally i would keep with the aftermarker panel filter as the airbox reduces heatsoak from the engine. you can buy or knockup a heat shield for a cone filter if you want to go all out. :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts