Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right i'm looking at buying a Civic it has a knackerd Gearbox on it, Just looking to see what boxes fit the B16 and what are the best ?

Ocorse i'm guessing the LSD Boxes would be the best but i really can't afford one, so would LSI or CRX boxes fit a Civic EK4 VTI ?

what are there serial numbers?

·
Premium Member
10,908 Posts
Why dont you get the same gearbox? the B16 gearboxes are good as they are, another will be EK9 S4C gearboxes with LSD but they are costly, B18 gearboxes will fit, dont put any D series gearboxes though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
any B series gearbox will fit nicely... just make sure if urs is using the clutch pump, to get a clutch pump gearbox...

dont get gearboxes off the first gen B16As (EF/DA chassis) as these are running on cable (unless ur car is using a clutch cable of course)

personally....i think the 98 spec B18C-R would be a very good fit for the B16As...the high 4.785 FD would be just nice to compensate the lack of torque in the B16s

·
Registered
934 Posts
mADmAN-86 said:
any B series gearbox will fit nicely... just make sure if urs is using the clutch pump, to get a clutch pump gearbox...

dont get gearboxes off the first gen B16As (EF/DA chassis) as these are running on cable (unless ur car is using a clutch cable of course)

personally....i think the 98 spec B18C-R would be a very good fit for the B16As...the high 4.785 FD would be just nice to compensate the lack of torque in the B16s

couldn't disagree more with fitting a 98 spec box to a b16. there is too large a gap in ratios between 3rd and 4th which show up even more with a b16 engine.
fitting an ek9 s4c is a good option as it uses the same ratios as a vti s4c just it also has dual synchros and an lsd. could always fit a 4.7 final drive for quicker acceleration

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dhdavectr said:
mADmAN-86 said:

couldn't disagree more with fitting a 98 spec box to a b16. there is too large a gap in ratios between 3rd and 4th which show up even more with a b16 engine.
fitting an ek9 s4c is a good option as it uses the same ratios as a vti s4c just it also has dual synchros and an lsd. could always fit a 4.7 final drive for quicker acceleration
LOL!! ur right about the 3rd n 4th... that totally skipped my mind... wat i actually wanted to say was a B16 stock tranny with 4.7..... dont know why i said that...

but the EK9 S4C w/ 4.7 combo u mentioned is better :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts