Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think they are too chavy?

either these or a set of rota grids possibly?? for a coupe btw.

or recommend something :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well one of my mates works at ats and i can get a full set of tyres fitted balanced etc for £150 and thats 205/40/17 so im not too bothered about if they come with tyres but around the £500 mark really so not that much :(

·
Registered
69 Posts
What is chavvy?

IMO its when your item shouts the brand either through dramatic design or just a label which is made to be showed off with, eg; burberrys, lois vuitton colours, visible brand names to impress others, you get the idea.

Chavs cannot be discreet, hence the closer to discreet you are, the further from CHAVIFIED you are, chavvy and discreet are like black and white, complete opposites!!

The first set of rims are CHAVVIFIED, they are shouting "read this, i have momo wheels which cost a lot"
the second ones are more subtly branded..

Them rotas are Niiice but has anyone seen the Kei d2's in gunmetal grey??

Best looking rim money can buy IMO!!! (can someone add the pic for me, dont know how to do it :-(

·
Registered
69 Posts
Them rims are just.....................GOWJUS!!!

if they did a 16" in them i would try and get them, 17" aint my cup of tea, too much rubbing, no full locking, forget that :-(

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
those kei's are the sex! never mind picking my civic up tonight its got these on it

Not really my cup of tea but ive grown to like them will be keeping them for quite a while

·
Registered
69 Posts
Depends which size you have of them Rota rims, The last thing you want on a smaller rim, ie 16 and below is deep dish as tdeep dish makes a rim look titchy!!

Lucky you we have all theses car washes popping up all over the place as imagine trying to clean them, youll get dirt in all them nooks and crannies :-S

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah they do look really nice, there like marmite you either love them or hate them, alot of people love them but some of my friends hate them, there 15's which i thought would look really small but they dont at all they look great. i prefer smaller wheels as you can get more lock on them and less rub etc

·
Registered
65 Posts
you can get 15" rota grids with toyos for 480 from topgear.co.uk ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts