Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
want to spray my wheels. i believe i want black. i believe that i can have ANY colour (doesnt have to be honda)
i dont know if i want metallic or greys or anthracite or gunmetal or gloss black or matt black with lacquer??? i can do all prep myself and could spray myself (probably a whole can of paint per wheel-£10.99ish) or get them sprayed properly which will be about £30 a wheel.

any suggestions?

yellow car i want them BLACK!

red car they were powdercoated

blue car it was a daewoo colour.

all my cars!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'll get more quotes at my bodyshop and see how much. if not i'm going to have some fun with 1500 grit, filler and spray cans!

·
Registered
351 Posts
try yellow spokes and a polised or dark colour rim in photo shop

sometimes drunk ideas are the best but most of the time they are sh!t

·
Registered
351 Posts
i saw a yellow megan with yellow 5 spokes and a polished rim it looked alright, im still resevering judgement but they suited the french peace of sh!t

keeping it simple will look best. the wheels make the car look great or french

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ive got so much lacquer in my garage you wont believe.

id rather it be an easy job to do than masking everything off. ive got to spray the centres, got to either remove the centre badge or sand and spray over it. i think it will ruin with removal so i might have to find new centre circles (prob not too hard) or spray them

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0272161297" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; YES!!!!

i'll go have a look at the colour charts in 'alfords when im at work. then probably make some up. will be a fun job! would like to buy an airbrush but its like £85 for the compressor (dont think i'd get trade discount on it) but thinking that the money would be best spent on a welder if anything!

ive got spare wheels so will be okay for going places and my dads car. i'll probably make something up.

we have got gold sparkles so i may make some black up and pour some of that in! hopefully looks yellower. need to make a custom paint LOL! but will be gay if i refurb in the future (not my driving or kerbs im talking tar/stones)

one colour i'm going for! will look gash with different spokes/centre. its not the right wheel design for it!

REALLY WANT TO LOWER MY CAR! dont want to ruin handling and comfort but i reckon i could put up with coilovers.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I do like the anthracite colour, i did my bbs split rims in a nice colour, i chose of a colour chart from autopaint.

They look black but with a hint of gold, depends on the light

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Go black i reckon Stug, the ones on Hughs Jordan look wicked! the yellow lip looks great too

·
Registered
351 Posts
what was i on last nite!
fcuking yellow spokes!!!!!!!!
gunmetal grey or black . you need to break up the tyre and wheels if you go black tho (maybe some yellow on the tyre side wall writing)

yes im still drinking
well i got no fuel and no kids today what else is there to do ?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Nice! I got for the black or grey also.

Nice set o centre caps you found stugz, I was looking at a set of them a couple of weeks ago. I think I need the bit that fits into the alloy first tho, so it covers the bolts. OR can u just go ahead and stick these badboys on, i presumed that there had to be a circular bit o metal that fits over the bolts then you could go ahead and stick these badboy stickers on? I saw a set that had a black background with silver skulls on them, they were on this black modified Ferrari in the Nuts mag few month back, looked proper sweet.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
fergie: i have centre caps already. ive got to remove the badge on them in order to paint them so will ruin the original badge.

paint chosen: mercedes meteorgrau metallic (474/8474) dark gunmetal. not black either.

got to do some refurbing of the actual surface. need orbital sander and dremel 1st. and then probably filler (going to try and use the least amount possible) i reckon its going to be easy enough to refit tyres without damaging as i have a trusted tyre fitter. they arent the hardest of wheels to get tyres on either. if they were good nick and didnt need filling i'd prob just deflate the tyre. i think im going to mask the rear and underside of the wheel so i dont get overspray but so i dont have to prepare the whole wheel!! LAZY!

tempted to powdercoat them too. quite a bit more expensive. i reckon i'm going to spray them and see how well it turns out!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts