Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hya, went to halfords to get some paint to do my wing mirrors only they dont sell it, I have not recieved the log book yet so cant put a name to it an wanna do the mirrors 2moro. Any1 got a clue? Oh yea a pic is on the gallery if u can help

cheers

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Re: Wat clolour is my car?

arnt the paint codes on the inside wall of the passenger door? i know it was on my EK

·
Registered
370 Posts

like anything honda u pay 3 times as much as normal brands. sometimes its worth it but halfords paint aint to bad. i fyou can get it on trade u save alot :p

·
Registered
1,513 Posts

the paint match is nothing to do with halfords. they use the same paint mixing database as a professional would do to get a basic match. the sprayers normally adjust it so that its perfect but they normally spray a larger area than needs repairing so it matches much better.

·
Registered
139 Posts

On my old car i got paint from halfords and they matched it exactly to my car, the mix on the screen was slightly different so they just added more colour till it was the same...so yeah i wouldnt worry where you get it from if your gettin it mixed up then you cant really go wrong.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Halfords do not sell the colour for my car, I have now been into four of them, although some spotty teenager said that due to honda and rover being connected the rover kingfisher blue is the same shade. I am not going with this and so I am still on the hunt :(

·
Registered
139 Posts

Most halfords will mix the colour up for you.

Thats what the one i went to done, just take in your colour code.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts

viki said:
Halfords do not sell the colour for my car, I have now been into four of them, although some spotty teenager said that due to honda and rover being connected the rover kingfisher blue is the same shade. I am not going with this and so I am still on the hunt :(
Did you phone Honda at all?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Nah not yet, will do 2moro as I have a sacred day off woo.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
It's simple. Get the code off the inside passenger door. Take it to a spray shop, tell them to make up that colour. Job done.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts