Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all! my car seems to have developed a leak and a resulting pool of water sits in the drivers side front footwell. the water gets in when the car is stationary. i have thought it could be the seal around the windscreen or door but i have not been able to trace it as of yet. does anybody know what it could be? any help would be grately appreciated! cheers dan

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
do u have a sunroof?
there are pipes that drain water down the A pillars to the ground
these pipes can get blocked causing water to fill around the top of the a pillar causing the leak to drain onto the floor.
in my dads car em2 (ep shape coupe) it drained onto the seat!

·
Registered
370 Posts
i have a slight leak too but teh only way to find out is to sit in your car when its either raining or someone is spraying it with a hose.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
ive got one in my boot (had the same problem with my fiesta too. its like water makes may to get into the boot!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
aye well its more like a deluge now, with like an inch of water in the footwell, so i have stripped the interior and got my dad to spray the car with the hose. i've found a small crack in the sealant where the inner wing meets the bulkhead area, water is getting in there but i find it difficult to believe that it is the whole problem though. thanks for your ideas stug45. and yeah my fiesta also leaks water into the boot!

·
Registered
131 Posts
same problem with my new civic ek3 in the boot,,,i cant find were the leak is coming from,, felt stubid lying in the boot on my back whils my mate hosed the rear end :D ,,but no gaps or anything found,,just the next day,, under the matting in the boot ,,pool of water,,wtf?! any suggestions or commons ???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts