Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys what you think of this package??
I need new exhaust as the one on my car got a hole on it.

Completed Exhaust system package, (this is all you need!!!)
All 6 pcs are made of T-304 Stainless Steel
All items come with gaskets & bolts with direct bolt-on designed!!
4-2-1 Exhaust manifold designed for SOHC D-series engine ONLY!
Estimate bhp increase = 20-30 bhp
Catback comes with removable silencer
O2 sensors plugs are included (2 on manifold & 1 on extension)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
lol saw that on ebay, i wouldnt go near it tbh!!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
just outta curiousity wat kinda bhp gain should you expect to get from this kind of system? but one with a bitta quality obviously

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
ur not gonna get urself a full system like that for 200 m8!!

im on a pretty small budget too but for 200 ur only gonna be looking at the likes of a back box or maybe a catback system lol!

iv been looking at the likes of sportex recently which are reasonable, but in a bit of a situation, need new exhaust now but will be swapping engine in

six months so need one that will fit that too,,,, wats a girl to do ha ha

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What is the difference between this set of catback n the sportex one???

I could rise my budget to 300. I don't really need the 4-2-1. mostly want the catback system.

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
josh897 said:
just outta curiousity wat kinda bhp gain should you expect to get from this kind of system? but one with a bitta quality obviously
not loads from an exhaust even a 4 branch and decat will only see 6- 10 hp obsolute tops on its own anyone who states more is a dreamer or has other mods , chipping intakes head work etc.

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
nickyboy said:
go for a Spoon, Toda or Buddy Club system. Even if you can`t afford the whole system at once, buy it in parts. Buy cheap, buy twice
Ive got a BuddyClub cat back system and i would def recommend that!!! Nicks right tho, buy cheap, buy twice. When it comes to engine parts the more you spend the better the power gains. Stay away from Ebay stuff as its going to have cheap build quality and will probably not fit straight on anyway.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi there everyone, I also want to get an exhaust for my EJ8 civic, any suggestions where i can look for a decent one? And yes i know, it will be kind of pricey! I have heard the Spoon street type is good, but I am not sure if it is and whether or not it fits an EJ8 coupe.

Thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hi mate i finally installed a Buddy club cat back pro spec on my EJ8, but the thing i find out is the engine dun have enough power to push the car after i put it on........ :redface: I need to put the silencer in order to gain some power. (otherwise i think is power lose). I think a backbox like the mugen one would be better. or you need to change hell more of things in order to feel the power gain.
But the sounds of the buddy club is real nice man. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
You installed a cat back exhaust system, and it "dun have enough power to push the car after i put it on"? How do you mean? The silencer won't bring back your power.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey e.1 there... do u think people dnt knw if u pay more on a desent system will be better, of coz u cant compare thz to a spoon or mugen' s!

but dont 4got £200, might only buy u a hf of top brand backbox???

every ppls got there own budget to play with... of coz i wish i hv like £2k to spend on a proper full system :p

and i recently brought thz system, for sure thz didnt give me extra 20-30 bhp, bt it does rev up much more freely - pick up much quicker !!!

i would def recommend that for any1 whos only got small budget to spend on a exhaust system :) :)

Edit:

Oh....

Ps. thz system r LOUD.... i mean V.LOUD

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought exhaust cat-back system off ebay - for my ek civic vti (b16a2) fitted alright not perfect - and at the time I was pretty impressed!

However a month down the line, its not T-304 stainless steel as stated in description - and already rusting quite badly mainly around welds!

But I won't reveal the seller yet - because hopefully their gonna refund / replace with T-304 stainless steel system.

** I agree if not on budget fine buy your HKS / Spoon system, but some of us just can't afford it. There is definantly noticeable difference with the system I got off ebay, especially lower down the rev range, and it sounds good! If you compared it to a good brand, then obviously that will be way better, with dyno testing and that, but really - if you look at the bhp figures after fitting a double the cost good brand compared to this cheap-o one there aint gonna be a lot in it, and yes the gain over standard aint gonna be 20-30bhp!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts