Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering is it just me but once you start "vtecing" ur car can u stop???? lol i mean every time iam out once i start i cnt stop am always giving it boot to let that vtec out lol

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Re: VTEC owners

driving fast i tend to stick below vtec unless im on a straight, of which are after every corner, it makes me go the long way or the way i can get more vtec!

·
Registered
680 Posts

If i want to drive fast i use vtec, if not i dont. Depends on how much fuel is in my car and if i have to save it for work usually. It good to know i have all that power under my right foot even if i dont use it. 8-|

·
Registered
1,513 Posts

i never really race people anymore. mainly cos they arent for showing the vtec. its only for me, all mine!

·
Registered
211 Posts

i only hit VTEC when some boy or girl is chucking it next to me at traffic lights.. and once i hit VTEC i will be in VTEC from gear 1 all the way to gear 4 soo the answer to your question is yes when im in VTEC i dont really take it out... but if it aint a race then no im never in vtec... and SOMETIMES but this is very rarely if there are alot of people hanging out on my road (i have alot of boy racers on my road) i will VTEC it down the road till i reach my house (B16A2 + VTEC + K&N Induction Kit = a VERY VERY LOUD SCREAM :D )

·
Registered
1,513 Posts

lol i scare people sometimes. they just dont expect me to floor it. i drive slowly a lot of the time then i leave it in gear and whoah!!! i want to make more power but not increase the noise, and theres fuck all ways to do that!

·
Registered
211 Posts

Trust me stug45 get a K&N Induction Kit u will not be disapointed and the VTEC scream will always put a smile to your face... and honestly i feel the car revs more freely with the induction kit it really does let our engines breathe alot better

·
Registered
289 Posts

haha stug i do that too...first gear round the corner and then BAMMMMMMM floor it until i hear the v-tec but mines a SOHC :( but you can still hear the v-tec

·
Registered
1,513 Posts

i have a pipercross panel filter. theres been dyno action with the panel filter vs cones and panel have always won due to being designed properly. so thats what i went for. plus noise gets to me in a bad way! still makes a nice one but its so loud it hurts!

ive got it 5500 til 8400.

·
Registered
370 Posts

mines 3 stage vtec so techinically its at 2500 and 3500 (in 5th).

i have the drug too but i want proper violent and fast vtec now :p

·
Registered
289 Posts

my car is SOHC with some combo or cobra induction kit but you can notice the v-tec change but its nothing compared to b16 or h22a7..what exhaust also helps the v-tec noise be louder?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts

My favorite VTEC crossover is the ones on the B16's the H22's crossovers aint far behind mind.

Hughs Jordan with a AEM V2 and a Spoon N1 exhaust on it sounds amazing when you hit the VTEC (theres a video in the gallery)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts