Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, how do i make my vtec on my ctr ep3 kick in sooner?? what are the pros and cons of this also??

cheers

·
Registered
211 Posts
Re: VTEC kick in

should work on B and D series Not K, to be honest with you i wouldnt bother with them they only lead to other problems if the car isnt properlly modified.. Just down shift if you want to hit vtec sooner

·
Registered
80 Posts

does anyone know when an mb6 should hit vtech, mine is currently 4500rpm which seems early. I wonder whether it has been fettled with

·
Registered
80 Posts

tested last like, definitely kicks at 4500 and then sounds like the inlet manifold does its bit approaching 6000, sounds almost like a louder vtec crossover

·
Registered
5 Posts

Hiya mate, the B series engine in the MB6 has a twin runner inlet manifold, at 4500 it switches inlet runners and at 5800 or 5900 the VTEC kicks in.

·
Registered
25 Posts

My old MB6 was like that with the exhaust and induction kit, sounded like the vtec kicked in at 4500 then another one at 5900. My new one doesnt have the exhaust on yet and it only sounds like it kicks in at 5900, possibily something to do with the exhaust valves?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts