Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a really irritating window rattle on my civic sport, i am a self confessed smoker, and when the window is undone about 2 inches it rattle constantly. does my head in! if u push it downards it stops it for all of about 2 seconds, then it starts again.
i have noticed my passenger window doing it aswell but luckily not quite so badly.

hope some one can suggest what i can do to stop it as it is driving me up the wall...
maybe i should just stop smoking and then maybe i wouldnt have the problem!!

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Type R Scotland forum said:
There is a mod for this have done this many times. You have to remove the drop glass
remove the runner seal. Then get thin bits of flat sticky foam cut it into long strips maybe
around 4mm wide and stick it to the part of the seal on the door frame side where it will push against both
side of the glass then refit

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Someone must have done something similar to that on mine as mine doesn't rattle at all?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i never realised that it was a known problem! thanks for the advise though. will get the door cards off later on and see if i can sort it out, i thought i was going to punch the window put last night it got to me that much!

Edit:

Andy said:
It's a known problem, happens with all 7th gens - including mine - according to the CTRO forum anyway... stopping smoking would indeed be the best option lol
ctro forum?? whats it stand 4 :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts