Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 51 plate civic sport se 1.6 v-tec engine it has performance air filter fitted and i have problems with the car idling, once the car has warmed up it jumps betweeen 1000-2000rpm constantly. i have been told this could be due to the air filter and exhaust fitted, no engine management light on, i have smll ecu reader and it came up with fault so i cleared it in hope that the problem was resolved but it has cleared the fault but still has idling problem, was told that performace air filters do not like the cold could this be cause. anyon else had this problem?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi, Not had a problem with the Civic, but had similar with the Subaru and focus. I've had 2 both cases where it has been air leaks in the systems either on the inlet manifold or usually a pipe connected to it. And a solenoid failure on the idle air control valve. I'd check all of your pipework and make sure its on correctly or not damaged first. Secondly check your Idle air control valve isn't blocked or sticking. I've never had a problem with air metreing on idle when fitting filters, exhausts or entire induction kits to any car. The only times i've heard of problems is when someone has fitted a wax/oil coated filter and it messes with the hot wire in the air flow meter. Hope i have helped!

Greg.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
lol wouldnt be the filters, you want the air going into the engine to be nice and cold! and if its a short ram induction kit you have, chances are its not giving as good a cold feed as ur oem intake anyways.!! like he said, check ur IACV it gets gunked up at times and this will cause your idle to go a bit mad!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts