Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a vtec 1.5 P reg 1996 hatchback. my driver side window motor has gone. it doesnt work anymore. i saw an advert on ebay for one. The guy is breaking a honda civic Coupe P reg 1997. he has a full mechanism with the motor. Now my question is would that fit my car or shell i just buy the motor only as my mechanism is still there or shell i buy the whole motor and the mechanism. he's selling it for £40 for full set (includes motor and the mechanism). Would it FIT MY hatcback, if yes do i just buy the motor or the full set including the mechanism. please help
thank you :neutral: :rolleyes:

The guy said send me the part number of my car's motor and mechanism. how do i find that out without taking the panel off from my door. please help

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
It should fit your shell dude. The doors in the coupe and hatch are identical. Hope this helps

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. one more thing. i heard 2 terms. one is the regulator and one is the motor. bascially in my car, when i press the button window doesn work. so what do i need. do i need the motor, mechanism or the regulator. whats a regulator and do i need it or do i just need the motor. thank you

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
i think it would be just the motor you'd need, but you could also try cleaning out the old motor, wd40 or a blast of pressuised air?

·
Registered
289 Posts
my window mechanisms are going too but honda charge a bomb for new motors...im going to try scrapyards but like people say you get what you pay for

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i bought a full mechanism and a motor for £25. this guy was breakin his civic coupe 1997 and i have a hatch 1996. hopefully it will fit. if not i'll try to add the motor to my existing mechanism. finger crossed

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
I've found WD40 dries out and only works for a couple of weeks, I now use PTFE or silicon based lubricants for runners, mechanisms Etc... works a treat :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts