Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I want to know if it’s possible to replace my head unit that has satnav with one from say a 2017 model?

thanks in advance for any help with this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’m not sure about changing from a 2012 to 2017 factory headunit. But you can get these installation kits if you’re based in the UK that will let you fit probably any type of aftermarket double din headunit and if it’s like on my mk8 still use the steering wheel controls. If you get a stereo that has Apple CarPlay and/or Android Auto then you can connect phone and use Google maps/Waze or Apple maps. If you have one with a mic, you can use Siri or whatever Android uses and say “Navigate to blah blah Avenue in Bristol or wherever”. I had a Pioneer SPH-250DAB fitted in my old mk8 and it was brilliant, much better sound and you can even watch YouTube videos. Sadly I crashed my car into next door but twos big 4x4 whilst trying to drive and pick the electric cig lighter after it flew out of socket and started burning the carpet 😂.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m not sure about changing from a 2012 to 2017 factory headunit. But you can get these installation kits if you’re based in the UK that will let you fit probably any type of aftermarket double din headunit and if it’s like on my mk8 still use the steering wheel controls. If you get a stereo that has Apple CarPlay and/or Android Auto then you can connect phone and use Google maps/Waze or Apple maps. If you have one with a mic, you can use Siri or whatever Android uses and say “Navigate to blah blah Avenue in Bristol or wherever”. I had a Pioneer SPH-250DAB fitted in my old mk8 and it was brilliant, much better sound and you can even watch YouTube videos. Sadly I crashed my car into next door but twos big 4x4 whilst trying to drive and pick the electric cig lighter after it flew out of socket and started burning the carpet 😂.
[/QUOT
Errrrrm sorry about the car, does the neighbour still talk to you😂. If I fit a dab radio do I need a different aerial fitted then?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Errrrrm sorry about the car, does the neighbour still talk to you😂. If I fit a dab radio do I need a different aerial fitted then?
Yes, a lot of DAB units come supplied with the ones that stick onto windscreen and some say the signal is crap but found mine fine, just gotta make sure the metal edge touches car body for earthing. The neighbor is probably the nicest person you could crash into. He didn’t seem bothered at all, said his lad works at Mitsubishi so might get him to look at it. And my insurers said they’d phone him, a month or so later nothings been done but when driving out in new car he says hello and waves. I felt bit awkward 🤣.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot for the help, I will give these a lookup and see what is out there.

As for the neighbour you are very lucky 😂

1 - 5 of 5 Posts