Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This mod was done on my EJ civic coupe, but im sure will apply to many other cars.

What you need.
An LED Neon (16-24 inch)
Drill
Wires for neons

ok so i was thinking of a cool mod that I hadnt seen before, which as you all know is pretty hard, as EVERYTHING seems to have been done these days.
Anyway, I had this idea, which some of you have probably already seen lol (but i havnt)

Ignore all the wiring in the door card already, that is for my LED pockets.

Ok so first off, take out your door card. And set it down on a surface.

On the bottom of my door cards, there were little clips that were held on with big lumps of plastic. Now these were going to get in the way of my strips, so i DRILLED them out. (As seen below)

Take Your LED Neon.

And cut all of the plastic surround off. So your left with this.

This is generally how the piece will sit when your done.

Hold the LED strip up against the bottom of the door card, and mark out with a permanent marker in line with each light.

Drill all the holes out across the door card.

Test fit the strip inside the door cards. Make the holes larger if needs be etc.

Pop the lights in and push them into place. Then glue gun them to hold them tightly there.

Heres some pics of it on and finished.

Any further Questions, Just comment :)

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, not everyone is into the whole, buy a car and Keep it exactly how it came. IMO all EP typeRs are so so common, but there we are, all have our own opinions mate.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Now now children.

I have to agree with Nick, but its an age thing. When I was younger I modded my corsa and had the footwell neons etc but as I got old :( I became interested in power mods and less in the visable side.

Imo the EP3 looks good as standard so doesnt require all the exterior/interior mods that the older gen hondas do, but then Nick is a homo for not modding his further lol

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
exactly, im 20 so im well within my rights to wanna make my cars insides look like a christmas tree!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Skinny said:
exactly, im 20 so im well within my rights to wanna make my cars insides look like a christmas tree!!
lol Aye fair play mate for putting up the how to, as im sure some members will be interested in doing something different.

Personally I think Nick would be better driving a big slipper like a saab with the leather interior and he can smoke a cigar whilst cruising along to dusty springfield. He wont listen tho

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
that looks ace. if it was me i'd do white and probably use it to see the floor below rather than a styling thing!!

·
Registered
780 Posts
it does look wicked on skinnys motor as i saw at the weekend, but i think i would have to put an interior light, well any lights in the interior first (only got 2 dash lights and thats it) hehe

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Cool mod dude, aint seen anyones car like that before. Altho i dont think ill be puting it onto my car, at tho mo that is 8-|

Chris
1999 Civic Coupe

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not my thing, but I can definitely see it kicking off a sting of other mods.
As stug said, ground lighting so you can see what crap you're about to step in or that with something similar to the warning lights you get on some doors when you open them.

Skinny, how have you wired them in? I mean do they operate of the lights switch or the door switch or have you gone a totally different route?

Good idea and a nice how to.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
these are no longer in the car mate.. but they were simply to the battery with a switch in between.. i didnt think abiut going to the door light.. should have done.. i may have kept them then i guess..

·
Registered
50 Posts
dude thats a good idea could use that sometimes i park up open the door its dark then splash my foot ends up wet in the puddle i couldn't see lol or whatever :

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
`lol to be honist i really like this idea but id have a black hatch with green lights HATCH VERSION OF THE CARS IN THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS =] lol im well hypa sorry about CAPS lol

1 - 20 of 31 Posts