Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I'm new to the forum/blog thing, literally! I would appreciate it if some-one could best advise me on which tyres I should purchase for my Civic. It's a 2006 (new shape) model. I live in Northern Ireland, so the roads are often wet- with rough uneven surfaces (shockingly). The reason I bought the Civic was for its handling ability re: cornering mostly. I tried Pirreli, however, handling in the wet wasn't so good. The Michelin sport's are great- it's just that they are so expensive!
I appreciate all suggestions!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the comment.
I didn't find any bridgestones available when searching, however, I've heard of Toyo through searches. Could some-one elaborate on why they feel they are the best. Also, I have heard of Falkon's. Has any-one used these?
Once again, many thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,616 Posts
I would give thumbs up on the toyos, though I have no relevant comparison to give. :)
They stick me to the road anyway! :p

Hurts when you get a nail through one though >:eek: haha

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
toyos or goodyear eagle f1. the p zero's are really good too, but for wet i'd probably pick the f1's.

falken tyres are good but never really heard any good reviews about their wet ability!

·
Registered
332 Posts
my mate used to run on falkens and love them, rain or shine cant remember which type they were

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks so much for all of your suggestions!
Im off to price the Toyo's, and then hopefully will have a bit of craic.
Thanks again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts