Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,would appreciate some help with my 69 plate type R.tyre pressure sensor
Tyres aren't losing pressure but warning lights persists on coming back on after resetting as per dealers instructions? Is this a common fault or can I just not pump up tyres correctly
Many thanks
Kev

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi all,would appreciate some help with my 69 plate type R.tyre pressure sensor
Tyres aren't losing pressure but warning lights persists on coming back on after resetting as per dealers instructions? Is this a common fault or can I just not pump up tyres correctly
Many thanks
Kev
I have the previous generation and it's a mere 1.4. My generation Civic is notorious for over sensitive TPM. I bought a very accurate Ring electronic tyre pressure gauge and only check with that now. The car holds the pressures well and I've had no issues since last September. But it's got hot lately and on longer trips it can start playing up. It's a real pain. The best suggestion I've had is to: 1) check the pressures cold and set them to factory 2) Then check the pressures with the tyres hot and split the difference between hot and cold temperatures on a wheel by wheel basis and reset the pressure to this, whilst the tyres are still hot. I am going to try this over the next week.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts