Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to change my type s exhaust as it looks too much like a diesel pipe dont know why honda went for that look but i dont like it my problem seems to be finding a suitable twin pipe back box similar to the type r which i would prefer any help or web addresses would be appriciated thanks dave . :D (2003 5 door 2.0 i-vtec)

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Why don't you look on eBay for people who're selling their old Type-R ones, or even the Sport ones as they're twin exhausts and look decent enough. I don't know what a Type-S exhaust looks like mind you :p

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah that seems to be the problem as its a five door dont think the type r and sport will bolt straight on have had a couple of companys tell me to bring it in so they can have a look and make adjustments but was looking for a straight bolt on really but may have to go the route of having it made to measure lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just bough the type r back box for my 02 1.6 and it doesnt fit, need to buy a whole middle section! ah the joy of owning a civic when there is so many variations within the same model year lol.... but it will be worth it when i get the semi-straight through..will sound amazing :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
a 52 plate type r backbox will fit a 52 plate type s have done it on mine and did not need anything special just required longer exhaust rubber mounts to keep it away from the chasie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts