Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have seen a few sports with the type r spoiler fitted, i want one but have been told that the tailgate is different, is this the case?

If not where can i get one that fits?

Thanks for any help

Ta

Daz

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
will do pal, I'd rather get the real deal but if they are too expensive i'll have to make do with a cheap a$$ one... ;)

·
Registered
680 Posts
As far as im aware you can shave down the mounting point so that a real one will fit, but i hear its a bit of work. When i had my ep i never bothered tbh.

·
Registered
94 Posts
there are loads of sports about with type r spoilers on, so surely they fit? Hoda even fit them as standard wen they were new at extra cost. Im lookin to do this to. Not so sure about them cheap ones on ebay as they dont have brake lgihts in, and look like they mite cover the original brake light so it wont shine thru. Any pics would be gr8

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have managed to source one of these of ebay and getting it painted now as the bloke claimed it was mint but it wasn't. I can conirm that they are different from the type-R one, they look the same but have got different fittings, the type-R has a different tailgate with less glass.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have an 05 sport, and i bought a 04 ctr spoiler off of ebay and have been asking nearly everyone i could about getting it fitted but noone could help me. A lot of people on ebay claim they are a straight fit on to the sport but that's rubbish as i have found out. So to get a type r spoiler on mine I must order one from honda? No one has been able to help me so far hopefully someone here can.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah or find one on ebay that is made specifically for the sport, i can confirm that the Type-R spoiler DOES NOT fit. the tailgates are different.... There are some decent replicas on ebay too if you fancy trying one of those....

I got a quote from honda for a type-r style spoiler for my sport and they wanted £350-400, they are well expensive.

·
Premium Member
7,193 Posts
I have an ebay one, and the spoiler doesnt cover the brake light, it looks like it does in this pics in this thread....

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3495&" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I can assure you the light shines through fine. Ive had an mot since aswel and nothing was mentioned at all

·
Registered
12 Posts
^^ Looks good man, at least now i've had the confirmation that the type r spoiler don't fit, nobody could tell me before, even honda when i sent them a question on their site, they replied with, "we are not sure you will have to check with your local branch"

·
Registered
12 Posts
MichaelVtec said:
So when you emailed honda the email automatically went through to an email monkey in main office in japan!
lol basically, the parts department at my local branch wasn't much more help, I mite aswell have called up Ford's parts department lol

Edit:

MichaelVtec said:
So when you emailed honda the email automatically went through to an email monkey in main office in japan!
lol basically, the parts department at my local branch wasn't much more help, I mite aswell have called up Ford's parts department lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts