Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm hoping someone might be able to give me some advice as to how I might be able to take off the front red H badge on my civic 05. My previous one was chipped/ cracked most likely by a stone on the motorway.

I've managed to get an official new one but I haven't a clue how to remove the old H badge and if I need to add additional adhesive or not for the new badge.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Below is pic a from japmobiles to kind of give everyone an idea!

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
I've got to say, things like this are basic common sense. Look behind the grill. If there are no screws or rivet points then the badge is glued in place. If there are, it's screwed.

Get a screwdriver and carefully attempt to pry off the badge. If it won't budge it is probably screwed in (in which case you may have to remove the front bumper to gain access). If it flexes then keep prying until it comes off (careful of the edges though).

Look at the new badge. Is it flat or does it have screw holes? Most probably flat, so just stick the new one on with Evo Stick or something.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Dude,

I'll crack open the bonnet and take a look over the weekend.
I've never used evo-stik before but that it looks like it'll hold against the heat.

Thanks again for the advice and I'll post any amazing discoveries to help other users if I come across any!

·
Registered
142 Posts
The typeR grilles are held in with plastic screw/clip things and come out pretty easily if you want to get a proper look behind it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts