Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all...
my ep3 type r bought about 3 days ago was running fine up untill this morning, it does not want to start it will turn the crank bit isnt firing up please help.
i was told it could be the immobiliser if so how can i fixit .

thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Or have you checked whether the battery is dead??

Might of left interior light on or something

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
was gonna say about the petrol too lol,

just go get like a fivers worth of petrol from the garage and top your car up, you may find that your petrol gauge is broken and you infact have a empty tank lol
like nicky said, if it was the immobiliser surely your alarm would go off as thats its job!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey guys i have fuel and ive dun the basic checks like i took the fuel pipe of and saw that was coming in fine i took the plugs out they are fine and sparking, still no luck, the car cranks but doesnt want to fire, the green key symbol flashes so ijust got her taken to hoonda now i know there gona rape me.lol.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
ecu problems? rather you than me!!! lol

hopefully its a simple issue thats gone over our heads :redface:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had a few similar issues with mine when i bought it.

Pulled over one night in the middle of nowhere and turned engine off to make a phone call...10 minutes later and my car wouldn't start. RAC had to come and jump me.
A week later in town i was waiting to pick someone up...10 minutes again with engine off and this time i turned headlights etc off too and all i had on was the radio. Car Dead again!!

So i got the battery checked out and the voltage was fine...but once i turned something on it started to drain so it was not holding its charge. Anyway i got a new one fitted and it's never done it since for me and i've stopped over for an hour or more with lgihts and cd player on with engine off.

an airport car park managed to kill the battery again recently by leaving an interia light on for 2 weeks!!!! I just knew i'd come back and it'd be like that...i said so as soon as i got off the plane. And i had a 3.5 hour drive home, needless to say i never stopped once!! haha.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts