Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I planned to sell my Civic but now i'm keeping it and improving it!

Mods i wish to add will be listed below...but i'd just like some advice as to where to buy, what can be fitted easily (i'm terrible at DIY), and to make sure i have everything i need when i do buy to save having to go back and order bits i missed.

So...

1. Lowering (it has 17" wheels on)
2. Black Headlights
3. Black Side repeaters
4. Cheap, but good quality Head Unit compatible with mp3 player. (ie plug my player in and the cd player plays the tracks from it)

I've searched a few times on google but i get so much rubbish so if anyone can point me in the right direction for some of those mods then that'd be a great help!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I do like Alpine so i'll pop to Halfords and have a look at that when my new mp3 player arrives. I want to make sure it plays my slection correctly via the mp3 player.

I'm having some trouble with the headlights and side repeaters. It seems there is very few mods out for the Civic. Found the ideal headlights but they only do them in USA!! And don't ship to the UK so that sucks.

Any advice on the best way to get dark lights?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really don't like the morette style headlights...never have.
I just like standard lights but dark ones. Like pretty much all cars have these days.

Even my dads mk6 fiesta zetec has nice dark headlights!! grr!

I'll try to find a black type r with morettes to see what it looks like...but i find they always look a bit funny!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
just get yourself a nice head unit you like that has aux connectors at the back, you can get aux to headphone jack cables and just play it via that, sometimes pay alot more on certain units purely because its "mp3 compatible"

ebays your man for most that stuff id say, but like nicky says watch out for some of the ebay headlights as they will most likely be LHD, i got black halo lights for my civic though and they are RHD and i just passed my m.o.t with them :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found some dark headlights on this website...can anyone have a quick look and see if they should be ok?

http://www.allpartssouthwest.com/acatal ... __313.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The clear ones say 'with motor' and the black ones don't. I assume that is to do with the tilt function?
Ebay doesn't have anything at the minute, but i'm in no rush for the headlights so i can just keep trying.

Black side repeaters seem no existant, but they should be easy enough to smoke i guess? I'm booking it into a body shop to get the front bumper sorted so i'll just give them some spray and tell them to do it while it's in. (if they have done that sort of stuff before anyway...)

And thanks for the head unit info, that and lowering are my main priorities.

Edit:

The LHD/RHD light thing confused me.
I didn't know whether it was RHD meaning RHD car, or drive on the Right side of the road.

So a RHD car needs RHD lights...i'll keep that in mind when i'm searching. I've read that you can convert them fairly easily but i've tried things before that car enthusiasts said was 'easy' and it was a nightmare!! So i'll not even try!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts