Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some changes in the pipeline for my modded EG, also thinking about the performance side of things.

Whose got experience of putting a turbo or supercharger on their B16?

What's best for reliability and performance?

Pro's & Cons?

Work involved / cost?

Thoughts and advice massively appreciated as always

·
Registered
493 Posts
I was going to go supercharged but then went turbo. Both are amazing to drive and the almost instant power from the charged is cool, but the turbo is so much better, like many people have said before its like a second vetch after you get out of turbo lag. The anticipation of it is gooooood, unlike the charged where its just there. In the end I went for turbo due to the fact that used parts are easy to get hold of if your going down that route and are on a budget sourcing your own turbo parts for a kit. You can also tailor it too your needs a lot better e.g. Bigger choice of turbos. Also there's more scope for power in the future, if you wish to upgrade to a bigger turbo. Both need roughly the same amount of work and for prices just check out some turbo and s charger kits to give you an idea.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers man appreciate your thoughts, if I ever do it depends on how long I keep the car but if so I'll run an update.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts