Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every 1 ive got a 96 p reg civic 2 door coupe 1.5 lsi but the 92-95 shape bought a turbo kit which is modified to fit that car/engine, would i need another ecu to run it properly or would i get away by remapping the standard 1? And would i need to change anything else? cause the person who i got it off said he did not change anything everything was standard but when i spoke to the mechanic that fit it he said it was fine but the engine management light was on? Thank you very much!

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
What Turbo kit is it and how much boost will it be running?

I believe if your not running much boost then the standard ECU will be able to cope with it, if you are planning to run a bit more you will need to look into getting it remapped.

·
Registered
770 Posts
your running an OBD-1 ECU which is re-mappable and is a must along with injectors and fuel pump. the engine check light is beacuse you MAP sensor is seeing pressure.

you could always run a missing link and FMU but i would not recomend it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello & thanx every, what it is i don't what kind of turbo kit it is orboost to run it at or the psi as i have'nt got a clue the person who i bought it of din't know aswell lol never done or know anything about all that just thought a turbo kit already modified to fit my 1.5 lsi coupe straight bolt on to my engine its sounded wkd & bought it, its my 1st project as i always just wanted a faster civic & now my mates are saying ill need another ecu eg to a 1.5 vtech n some sayin remapp it but i don't know so id appreciate if some 1 that can give me bit more info please thank you!

·
Registered
19 Posts
i wouldnt fit it your self if you dnt no nothing about the kit. i also would get it set up (mapped) as you dnt want it rich or too lean. i would set it up to 6psi at first this will be a safe boost if you dnt no what turbo it is .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts