Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1992 honda civic vti 1.6v-tec hatchbak, iv just had new manifold, induction kit, and de-cat put on, and am looking on advice on where to go next with it, looking for acceleration over top end!

·
Registered
158 Posts
You will get increased horsepower and torque from performance cams, some can be used with factory valvetrain components but your probably better off upgrading the valve springs and retainers also, they can handle more stress. As for make, there are so many to choose from. A lot of companies start off with OEM camshafts, and grind them down to thier specs. I would probably check out a few forums and see what people are using and check feedback. Have a bit of a google and read some reviews.

·
Registered
18 Posts
my advice to you my friend would be to get hold of some Integra type r cams and valvetrain, these cams make an excellient upgrade to the b16a2 engine

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi mate you need to decide if you want to stay N/A or go down the forced induction route, i was looking at a greedy set up for mine and they are good value, the kit for the b series even comes with upgraded injectors the kits start about $2200 dollars
http://store.kteller.biz/prodtype.asp?s ... Position=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you are going to stay N/A then teg cams are a good choice but can be pricey, heat wrap your exhaust manifold to keep underbonnet temps low, if your induction kit is located in the engine bay then sheild it from the engine heat and give it a good cold air supply, it has been proven though that alot of induction kits cause a loss of much valuable torque on the honda engine, best bet was the standard airbox with a high flow panel filter ( mines in japan run the standard airbox/high flow panel filter on their 550bhp r34 gtr round the track and road, if its good enough for them ;) ) or mod a teg airbox and panel filter to fit.

N/A the expensive way to go slow

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi, I fitted a walbro 225 high pressure fuel pump to my vti, it made a great difference.
As For more Acceleration, have the car Re-mapped, as when they come out of the factory, they were tuned with flat spots in them so they passed Emmisions testing.
Lightening your flywheel will also help a great deal, although you will take a day or so to get used to the clutch again.
good Mod though, money for product wise its cheap as!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts