Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking about getting 1 of these but obviously still keeping my EM1...

I got a cousin that has 1 (turbo 1) and his never lets him down (just like my honda :mrgreen: )... what does everyone else think of them ?

the only bad thing i heard about them is you have too drive REAL careful in the rain beacuse of it being back-wheel drive

oohhh yea whats the bhp on a mr2 turbo rev 3 because im getting loads of different figures

·
Registered
109 Posts
242hp

The thing with a mid engined car is, when it's dry and you have decent rubber on it's very difficult to get it out of shape, absolutely loads of grip.

In the wet however, it is a pain in the arse, especially with the turbo coming on song at around 3.5k rpm.

Cool cars, teach you how to drive in a hurry generally speaking.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had one before and it's one of the best cars I had in terms of fun, driveability, value for money and it's very FAST.

There are loads on sale now and shouldn't be hard to pick up one. Just read up on the buying guides before hand and make there are documents to suppport servicing and maitence.

There are a few owners clubs out ther but the ones I like were imoc and mr2oc.

There are a few revisions out there, 5 to be percise and I had revision 3 (93/4 to 96). Rev 3 comes with the updated engine and with appr. 240bhp standard. Rev 1 and 2 are from 90-93 and have about 220 (i think) but through discussions (i have not driven a rev1 or 2) have different suspension setup and is easier to step out.

I now have a Celica GT4 with the same engine but I still much prefer the drive of the Mr2....great car......

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for all the information

whats their 0-60 is it 5.7 seconds ?

and your saying if i get a TURBO MR2 thats 94-96 plate its definatly a REV 3?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
5.2 sounds nice :mrgreen:

Edit:

Tubby_d you seen to know alot about the mr2 turbos what rev are the "T-Bar" ones ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
T-bar models are great and looks fantstic in summer......

You just need to check for damp in the cabin area.

but if you in tend to track the car the t-bar will be extra weight.

the t-bar models are also a little dearer....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts