Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick bit of history, when i bought the car, the guy was SUPER TALL! and his head had RUINED the headliner..
From a week of buying the car, 2 years ago, ive been driving round with a grey furry roof as it was easy to staple to the headliner to cover the tattiness.

Ok so today, i woke up.. Drove the 10 miles to a local town to by some leatherette.
I bought 2 meters of White and 1 of Black and a tin of super strength spray adhesive. total of £29

I got home, and STRIPPED the back of the car out.. A Pillars, rear sides, parcel shelf, whole rear seats, the lot.
[attachment=4:2hug2x1b]DSC00706.JPG[/attachment:2hug2x1b]
(THE CRAP ON THE BACK SEAT IS NOT RUST LOL ITS JUST DIRTY.. :p
[attachment=3:2hug2x1b]DSC00707.JPG[/attachment:2hug2x1b]

The I unscrewed the whole headliner and took it out of the boot..
[attachment=2:2hug2x1b]DSC00708.JPG[/attachment:2hug2x1b]

This all went white..
The idea was to have a white leather roof, with a black sunroof, black sun visors and black liner plugs..

Here is basically what it looks like.. Need to put the sun visors in and the light etc..
[attachment=1:2hug2x1b]DSC00710.JPG[/attachment:2hug2x1b]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha i was about to rant then nick :p

Um took from about 12-7 lol.. bigger job than i thought when i started it hahah!!
I will put more pics up when i finish it..

Looks better than in the pics to be honest..

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha yeh paul it felt like a bomb had gone off lol.. sat there upholstering for and hour or two.. the whole time praying i could put it all back together haha!!

Best part was my girlfriend in the car with the liner balanced on her head while i screwed it in !! lol

·
Registered
342 Posts
great job!! like it when people do big things like this themselves instead of paying some random guy to do it!!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha nick, constantly on the brain isnt it mate!

Yeh thinking about it edd lol.. I always do textiles whilst wearing a dress aswell.. i just feel more comfortable like that ya know?

·
Registered
154 Posts
That looks great
I have some Camo fabric lying in my room to do my headliner and parcel shelve with :D
How do you remove the headliner?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts